Missing something a bit special? We have compiled some of our favorite recipes so you can get a taste of Echo Lake Inn from home. Learn more about dining with us!
8 Medium Onions (julienne)
1/2 lb. Butter
64 oz. Beef Broth
8 oz. Veal Demi
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 Cup Cognac
6 Sprigs Thyme
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Cups Gruyere Cheese (graded)
2 Cups Sharp Vermont Cheddar Cheese (graded)
Servings: 8 to 10 – 8 oz. bowl
Instructions for Echo Lake Inn French Onion Soup
- Cut baguette into ¼ inch thick slices and lightly brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake on sheet pan for 5 minutes.
- In large stock pot sauté onion and butter over medium to low heat for 45 minutes; stir once or twice to get fond of the bottom of pot. Onions will caramelize and golden.
- Add cognac and deglaze the pan.
- Add beef broth, veal demi, and all seasonings (thyme, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder). Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the sprigs of thyme.
- Check your flavors. You may want to adjust.
- To serve put soup in oven safe bowl.
- Top with toasted seasoned baguette.
- Blend cheeses together.
- Top baguette with ½ – ¾ cups of blended cheese.
- Preheated oven to 425 degree.
- Place bowls on a sheet pan and broil until golden brown approximately 10 minutes.