Looking for a way to add a bit of summer to your menu? While we eagerly anticipate the return of guests to our Inn and Restaurant in July, we thought we’d share some of our favorite recipes. Below, you’ll find instructions for our chilled fruit soup. One of the fun things about this recipe is that you can easily tweak and adjust as you see fit. Come up with any fun variations? Be sure to let us know!
6 Cups Seedless Watermelon
1 Pint Ripe Strawberries
1 Cup Orange Juice
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
1 ½ Tbsp. Fresh Mint
1 Tbsp. Honey or Sugar
4 oz. Heavy Cream
Sea Salt to taste
White Pepper to taste
Servings: 8 – 8 oz. bowls
- In blender combine watermelon, strawberry, mint and lime juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add honey or sugar. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Add orange juice slowly to your preferred consistency.
- Finish with a touch of heavy cream and adjust seasoning to your tastes.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Top with your favorite yogurt and toasted nuts.